Our safari experts are always here to help.
The TripBuilder is a great tool, but it will never replace the expertise and personal attention of our planners.
Our American Office
824 Healdsburg Avenue
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST
Our Africa Office
Phone: +27 21 433 2752
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM SAST (GMT +2)
Terms & Conditions
Custom Trip Development
A trip development fee of $1,000 per trip will be assessed to proceed with making reservations on an agreed upon itinerary. This fee will be applied to the final invoice and deducted from the total price of the trip. Bushtracks will endeavor to confirm the arrangements as close as possible to the agreed upon itinerary, but may offer suitable and comparable alternatives or a reorder of the itinerary should availability require. The trip development fee may be refndable should an acceptable itinerary not be agreed by both parties.
A minimum deposit of 30% per person of the per person cost quoted (deposit amount may vary depending on trip price), a signed Reservation Form and a signed Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Arbitration Agreement (PDF) are required at the time participant(s) sign(s) up for a safari.
Payment for the Tour
The deposit must be paid to confirm the booking. Full payment for the trip is required at least 14 weeks before the date of departure. In all cases, time shall be of the essence. If final payment is not made timely, the booking will cancel automatically with applicable cancellation charges imposed.
Basis of Rates
The rates are based on current tariffs and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. We do everything possible to maintain the listed prices, however additional charges may be added should Bushtracks incur increases in charges for fuel, accommodation, park entrance fees, supplies, cost increases or other unexpected additional charges. Such additional charges will be paid at the time the cost of the trip is due, or if such date has passed, no later than 7 (seven) days after written notification of the additional charges has been received.
No refunds will be made for any unused trip features.
Cancellation of Tours
- Bushtracks will not cancel a trip after the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of actual or threatened war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or for reasons of group comfort or safety, if a group tour does not have enough participants to make it economically viable or because of any other adverse happening beyond the control of Bushtracks. Any such cancellation shall be in the absolute discretion of Bushtracks.
- In the event of any cancellation, Bushtracks will inform the client without delay and use its best endeavors to offer suitable and comparable alternatives.
- In the event of a cancellation by Bushtracks, client will be fully refunded for all monies paid it, but not for any other charges to or payments made by participant.
Cancellation of Tours by Passenger
If a client wishes to cancel a tour once booked, the following cancellation charges will apply.
|LENGTH OF TIME|
|12 weeks or more before departure||30% of Tour Cost|
|12 weeks - 8 weeks||50% of Tour Cost|
|8 weeks - 4 weeks||75% of Tour Cost|
|4 weeks - departure||100% of Tour Cost|
All cancellations must be in writing and signed by the client, and received and acknowledged by Bushtracks.
Alteration of Tours
- Bushtracks reserves the right to alter a tour itinerary if it or the local groundhandler or safari operator believes such is necessary or advisable for reasons of convenience, comfort or safety.
- If a client wishes to alter any tour prior to its confirmation by Bushtracks, Bushtracks will, upon written request, use all reasonable endeavors to bring about such alterations. If the itinerary has already been confirmed and the client then wishes to change, Bushtracks may, at its discretion, levy a reasonable charge per alteration as well as for communications or other costs, expenses or charges that my be incurred.
Participants will need a valid passport (in some cases it must be valid for up to a year after the return date - please enquire with us as to the specific areas where this may be the case). Bushtracks is not responsible for any loss of damage of travel documents or failure by the client to conform to entry requirements stipulated by the countries they are visiting. It is the tour participant’s responsibility to ensure passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates, inoculations, or other required documentation are obtained, current and in order.
Carriage by Land, Sea, and Air
Carriage by land, sea and air is subject to the terms and conditions of the carrier with whom you travel and to international conventions some of which may limit liability. Land, sea and air travel are also subject to operational decisions of carriers and air and sea ports which may result in cancellation, delays or diversions, over which Bushtracks has no control and for which Bushtracks accepts no liability whatsoever.
Baggage is at owner's risk throughout the tour.
We reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any expedition or part thereof and to use the resulting photography for promotional purposes. By booking a reservation with Bushtracks Expeditions, tour members agree to allow their images to be used in such photography. Travelers who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to their expedition manager at the commencement of their trip.
Bushtracks Expeditions is not qualified to convey medical advice. We encourage you to consult your doctor for specific medical advice about any activities or destinations. He or she is most familiar with your personal medical history and is best qualified to determine your particular needs.
Below are additional resources for travel medical information:
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC); for traveler’s information, call toll-free 877/394-8747 and follow the recorded instructions, or visit www.cdc.gov/travel
- travelers’ clinics usually associated with university medical centers
- state or county public health departments
- Local libraries; look for a current edition of Health Information for International Travel, published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between Bushtracks and you, the client, to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions except as provided in other Bushtracks documents. When you book travel related services with Bushtracks, you are acknowledging that you understand all these terms and conditions.
We strongly recommend that travelers purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against an emergency that may force you to cancel from or leave an expedition while it is in progress. A suggested program will be made available to you upon request of a Reservation Form or you may visit our website at www.bushtracks.com for more information.
Bushtracks African Expeditions, Inc.’s trips are designed for those who are lively, inquisitive, and eager to broaden their cultural and intellectual horizons. All trip members are expected to enjoy traveling as part of a group and also to be tolerant of the changes, delays, or mishaps that are part of this kind of travel. Bushtracks reserves the right to decline to accept any person as a participant of the trip should it judge that person not suitable for participation. Bushtracks reserves the right to require any person to withdraw from a trip in progress, at any time, when such action is determined by Bushtracks or any local groundhandler or local safari operator to be in the best interests of the health, safety or general welfare of the trip group or the individual concerned.
NOTE: ALL CLIENTS TRAVELING WITH BUSHTRACKS MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN A RESERVATION FORM AND THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK & ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” FORM.
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to our custom trips only. Each scheduled departure will have its own set of terms and conditions.