A New Camp for your Okavango Delta Safari
It’s not every day that a new camp opens in Botswana’s Okavango Delta, so we’re very excited to share the news about this one. Qorokwe Camp is not only beautifully and thoughtfully constructed, but gives guests a uniquely private wildlife-viewing experience in one of the world’s most famously abundant and diverse ecosystems.
Deriving its name from ‘the place where the buffalo broke through the bush into the water,’ this ideally situated camp is located in a 64,692-acre private concession in a high-density game area of the southeastern Okavango Delta which has been unutilized for four years, and borders the renowned Moremi Game Reserve.
Here are five reasons to include it in your next safari:
1. It’s a year round destination. The Qorokwe Concession has permanent water all year round, allowing for outstanding game viewing during every season.
2. A diverse landscape offers changing views and is home to a range of wildlife. The private concession spans scattered acacia and mopane woodlands, open seasonal and permanent floodplains fringed on either side by the picturesque channels and islands along the Gomoti and Santantadibe Channels.
3. Diverse activities are available. Game drives, walks, boating and mokoro present opportunities to view and photograph wildlife, including: lion, spotted hyena, leopard, wild dog, cheetah, elephant, buffalo, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, lechwe, kudu, tsessebe, waterbuck, reedbuck, warthog, crocodile and a myriad of bird species.
4. Spacious, stylish tented accommodations. The camp has nine tented suites – one of which is a large family unit with its own splash pool – as well as in the dining area, lounge, library, bar and pool built on raised platforms. Contemporary in style, the bush feel is also right underfoot.
5. Environmentally responsible design. Qorokwe Camp was built using innovative techniques and operates on 100% solar power, thus keeping as light an eco-footprint as possible in one of the Okavango’s spectacular places.
If you’ve never been on an Okavango Delta safari, Qorokwe Camp is a wonderful new option to consider. And, if you have been to the Okavango Delta before, this is an opportunity to see it in a whole new way.
The first version of this article was posted on 8 Dec 2017 at 1:55 PM.