Ruaha River Lodge
Hippos, Crocodiles and Elephants
Ruaha River Lodge is located in Ruaha National Park in southern Tanzania. The great Ruaha River is the lifeline of the park and attracts a good deal of game into camp, most notably hippos and crocodiles in the river and elephants strolling between the rooms. The oldest, largest and most commercial lodge in the reserve, Ruaha River Lodge is something of a sprawling affair, with twenty stone and thatch bandas being serviced by two separate mess areas, one on top of a hill above the river and the other down on the riverbank itself. Each banda features either twin beds or a double bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and wash basin with solar-heated hot water. The rooms are protected with mosquito gauze on the windows. A generator provides electricity for lights and battery charging until 11pm each night. Activity is focused on daytime vehicle safari. You will rarely meet any other vehicles on your game drive around Ruaha’s extensive and well-maintained road network. Our highly trained guides will lead you to an abundance of leopards, lions, cheetahs and hunting dogs, not to mention several rare species including greater and lesser kudu, roan and sable antelope.
Trip Advisor Reviews
Availability & Pricing
The availability calendar for this property is not yet connected. Please call one of our safari specialists at 800-995-8689 to request current availability.
- Price: From $285 per person per night
- Location: Eastern Africa, Tanzania
- Age Minimum: 0 years old
- # of Beds: 40 beds
- Amenities: Cell Phone Coverage, Ensuite Bathrooms, Laundry Included, Recharge Facilities
- Type: Bushcamp
- Includes: Rates include: accommodation, meals, shared guided morning & evening game drives (or full day) in open 4WD vehicles, tea and coffee, laundry, airstrip transfers to/from Msembe Airstrip, concession fees, park fees
- Activities Included: Game Drive
Activities at an
Additional Cost: Family Friendly Activities, Walking Safari