A vintage-styled safari lodge with stunning Lake Manyara views
Chem Chem Lodge is situated within a privileged Wildlife Management Area between Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara known as the Burunge Wildlife Management Area. The Lodge itself can be found nestled on the picturesque western side of the wildlife concession and consists of eight secluded tent-style suites with an opulent main lodge house, all evoking the spirit of a vintage safari lodge. The permanent structure of the Lodge’s main house reflects the form of a flamingo with its wings spread wide for landing. One wing holds the full service gourmet restaurant and an outside fire place, the other wing offers a bar, lounge, fire place and fully stocked library. The Lodge also boasts a viewing deck with awe-inspiring views over Lake Manyara. Outside, a pool is hidden in the trees to cool off in and escape from the afternoon heat and the Chem Chem Amani Spa offers a new meaning to utter relaxation. The tented suites have been exquisitely decorated to offer five-star accommodation, each with spectacular, private lake views. Each suite, (1,076 square feet), has been created from a combination of canvas, lava-stones and wood, and is set apart from the others to ensure complete privacy. Every tent boasts a luxury bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, a reading corner, dressing room, dressing gown and slippers, yoga mats and private patios complete with a luxurious day-bed. The family suite consists of a full suite connected to a vintage-style tented room (538 square feet) with two single beds, a rocking chair, small desk, with its own bathroom (indoor shower) and dressing room. The two rooms are built on the same platform and are connected via a small wooden bridge. It can sleep up to four children or two adults. Activities available include guided walking safaris, bush meals, flamingo watching, sundowners on Lake Manyara, running with Maasai, animal tracking, helicopter flights, hot air ballooning, school visit, cultural tours, and spa treatments.
Trip Advisor Reviews
Availability & Pricing
The availability calendar for this property is not yet connected. Please call one of our safari specialists at 800-995-8689 to request current availability.
- Price: From $1,076 per person per night
- Location: Eastern Africa, Tanzania
- # of Beds: 16 beds
- Age Minimum: 8 years old
- Amenities: Cell Phone Coverage, Ensuite Bathrooms, Hairdryer, Laundry Included, Local Drinks Included, Pool, Recharge Facilities, Wi-Fi
- Type: Lodge, Private Concession
- Included: Full Board Basis: accommodation, meals, house drinks, laundry, internet access, use of private Nomad guide/vehicle for non-reserve activities; reserve activities, shared evening drive (Chem Chem vehicle) including sundowners, park fees Game Package Basis: accommodation, meals, house drinks, laundry, internet access, game drive to TNP (shared open vehicle); shared safari activities in the Chem Chem Reserve (reserve walk and tracking with the Maasai, half day family activity, Maasai Cultural Visit to village or school, bush breakfast, bush picnic, evening sundowners, day and night game drives), transfers to and from Lake Manyara Airstrip, one 30 minute massage per person, park fees
Available at an
Additional Cost: Full Board Basis: Non-house drinks; shared reserve activities (guided walks $30pp, night drives $50pp; cultural visit to Maasai village/school; Masai Choir ($300 per event); late check out, curio shop items, hot air ballon safaris, scenic helicopter tours, cultural visitsGame Package Basis: connaisseur wind and Champagne; private guide/vehicle; visits to Lake Manyara or Ngorongoro Crater (available at a supplement); Masai Choir ($300 per event); late check out, hot air ballon safaris, scenic helicopter tours, cultural visits
Stay 4, Pay 3
05 Jan 18 - 20 Dec 18
Stay 4 nights at Chem Chem or Little Chem Chem or 2 nights at Chem Chem and 2 nights at Little Chem Chem and the lowest cost night will be complimentary. Not valid July and August 2018.… read more
Stay 4, Pay 3
05 Jan 19 - 20 Dec 19
Book 4 nights and pay for just 3 nights. Offer is valid for new bookings only and subject to availability. Not valid from 15 June - 31 August 2019.
Activities at this Accommodation
Add to favorites
A True Taste of Local Culture
Get a better understanding with another culture. You're invited in to connect with a completely different lifestyle…a rare opportunity in life.
Add to favorites
Hot Air Balloon Safari
Suspended in a basket beneath the rainbow-colored canopy, you’re off for a game-viewing adventure with an entirely different perspective.
Add to favorites